- 521 views
This new extraordinary book work from Stefano Zucchi's private collection (author's edition) does not require many presentations given the majesty of some of the images reproduced and the very rich repertoire of ill. in color and b / w on 337 pages.
THE PIONEERING PERIOD OF ITALIAN AERONAUTICS
The collection is the result of the careful, long and constant research carried out by Stefano Zucchi, a refined and competent collector, over many years of passion and study. It includes hundreds of relics of the history of "Aerostatic Art" and of the Air Force: books, pamphlets, manuscripts, documents, autographs, paintings, prints, drawings, edicts, original posters, medals, loose leaflets, sonnets, contemporary reports, gazettes, newspapers, postal items, tools, furnishing accessories etc ...
The era goes from 1500, when the first ideas began to be born to allow man to realize the age-old dream of flying, to the 1930s. Many of these pieces are unique, of a museum level, not registered in bibliographies and never appeared in specialized auctions. All are period originals, some of outstanding rarity. Most of them come from other prestigious collections or from the collections and relics kept by the direct heirs of the aeronauts. This book is the complete catalog of the Zucchi collection, complete with hundreds of photographic images. The creation of the list followed these guidelines: Chronological order, date, topic, aeronaut, Photograph and image of the lot (in the case of books / brochures, photos of the title page and any prints contained therein), with a detailed description. Each historically important chapter or character has an introductory historical presentation. The commentary on each photographed lot therefore allows us to reconstruct, in summary, the most complete chronology of the aerostatic events that took place over the span of over 150 years, starting from the very first attempts using unmanned balloons, up to the dawn of Aviation. The section concerning the Italian and French aeronauts is particularly rich, also including many original autographs, unique pieces that ennoble the collection and make it absolutely unrepeatable.
The main subjects of the collection catalog are the following:
- GENERAL INTRODUCTION
- GENERAL HISTORICAL NOTES
- THE PRECURSORS, BEFORE THE AEROSTATIC
- NON-PILOTED AEROSTATIC EXPERIMENTS IN ITALY AND EUROPE
- FIRST HUMAN FLIGHTS TO FRANCE
- THE FIRST INTREPID ITALIAN AERONAUTS: PAOLO ANDREANI, VINCENZO LUNARDI, FRANCESCO ZAMBECCARI, FRANCESCO HENRION, FEDELE CARMINE, PASQUALE ANDREOLI, ANTONIO MARCHESELLI, LUIGI PIANA, MUZIO MUZZI, VITTORIO ELISA GARANDI, FRANCESCO SARTI,
- THE SPOUSES POITEVIN JEAN EUGÈNE AND ROSE MARIE GUJON
- FRENCH PROFESSIONAL AIRCRAFT IN ITALY (GODARD - ARBAN. GIFFARD)
- THE FIVE DAYS OF MILAN
- FIRST MESSAGES SENT BY AIR WITH BALLOONS, WITH SOME ORIGINALS - MANUSCRIPTS BY CATTANEO AND CERNUSCHI
- BALLON MONTÉS OF THE PRUSSIAN SIEGE OF PARIS 1870-71 (FIRST OFFICIAL AIR MAIL IN THE WORLD)
- AIRSHIPS - ITALO-TURKISH WAR
- ITALIAN CHARACTERS OF THE EARLY 20TH CENTURY: CIRILLO STEFANINI, CELESTINO USUELLI AND OTHERS
- THE ROME RAID. TOKYO WITH THE VERY RARE FLYER LAUNCHED IN CHINA
- UMBERTO NOBILE, THE POLAR EXPEDITION OF ITALY. THE RED TENT AND SALVATION
For descriptive and consultation convenience, a separate topic is that of period gazettes and newspapers, which cover many of the events and characters already treated monographically. Some gazettes, due to their particular importance, have also been listed and described among the books.
To complete the collection, a basket that belonged to the Milanese aeronaut Ernesto Sioli, dated to the year 1912, considered one of the oldest still existing baskets in the world, if not the oldest ever (last image).
A unique work of its kind, an extraordinary exhibition of memorabilia, the result of the long and refined research of the author, Stefano Zucchi.